M1E Continuous Paver
Other Key Information
The M1E combines two of Bergkamp’s innovative technologies to form one of the most productive pavement preservation machines available. Bergkamp equips the M1 continuous slurry seal and micro surfacing paver with its innovative EMCAD (Electronic Mix Control and Diagnostic) System that electronically controls production and sends constant feedback to the operator.
All major component clutches, chains and sprockets on the standard M1 have been replaced with direct-drive hydraulics to work with the EMCAD System, reducing the number of wear parts and maintenance points on the machine. The system monitors and adjusts material ratios automatically according to the set points of the ingredients, production control setting and instantaneous feedback from the delivery system sensors to provide consistent mix. Aggregate, asphalt emulsion, water, additive and fines are proportionally delivered and metered according to the set points as per mix design. In addition, it provides real-time production cycle error monitoring and reporting for control components.
The M1E is powered by a 335 horsepower Cummins diesel engine, has a hydrostatic drive system that can be controlled by either of the front driver stations or the rear operator station, and wet disc brakes. The operator stations are positioned on both sides of the machine and have hand rails to protect the operator. The front dual-driver stations and a detailed instrument panel provide the ability to drive from either side to ensure straight paving lines.
- The water, cement, asphalt emulsion and additives ratios are regulated as they are pumped into the pugmill, where they are mixed with the aggregate
- The variable-speed, dual-shaft multi-paddle pugmill has a dual hydraulic drive which provides even mixture and material flow
- A front hydraulically adjustable axle raises and lowers the unit for ease of loading, improved maneuverability and greater access to maintenance points
- The hopper has an automatic sensor behind it that will shut down the system if it runs out of aggregate
- Steep hopper walls minimize bridging problems
- Slide-out pugmill improves access and makes cleanup and maintenance easier