Far too often, municipalities simply don’t realize how much savings is available to them, and they continue to do things the same way. Unfortunately, most cities and counties have more to do than ever before, and less people to get it done! Truly saving money with a Pothole Maintenance Program can only happen through a combination of 3 individual efforts:
1. Selecting and using the right materials for their application
2. Utilizing correct workmanship for each repair
3. Taking advantage of equipment engineered to deliver multiple improvements and overall efficiency
This is usually a combination of understanding what’s causing the potholes, what might be making them worse, and what the proper procedure is for producing a repair that lasts for years - instead of days. Bergkamp employees are uniquely equipped to help you understand, and overcome this challenge.
Materials are critical to the longevity of the repair. By choosing the wrong materials, you run the risk of clogging or damaging your equipment or repeatedly repairing the same section of roadway. Please see your Bergkamp Sales Manager to learn more about what materials, or combination of materials, are best for your unique repair and location.
InPave® Technology is a Telematics Program that is Optional on all Bergkamp Patchers. It allows the Municipality to clearly see and better understand their own patching process, from overall performance to their actual costs per repair. Since it is telematics, it features a GPS program that tracks every repair, as well as each patching unit.
Bergkamp manufacturers truck mounted Spray Injection Patchers, as well as, truck mounted All-In-One Mechanical Patchers. Both systems are designed to provide an efficient and cost effective solution for reactive pothole maintenance – especially when compared with the traditional methods of Throw & Roll. The Spray Injection System mixes aggregate with emulsion on site, and distributes the mix into a pothole, while the Mechanical Patching System utilizes Hot or Cold mix from an asphalt plant to fill the potholes.
We recognized that there are significant advantages to using either type of equipment, and several things to consider when determining what unit will work best for you. Depending on your applications or specific needs, traffic challenges, number of lane miles, neighborhood requirements, streets personnel, distance to location of your materials, availability of materials, etc. Any of these individually, or in any combination can have an impact on your equipment buying decision and needs.
Bergkamp, Inc. is a member of the HGAC Buy SM10-16 and Buyboard Proposal No. 597-19. We also regularly participate with truck dealerships on various state contracts. Bergkamp also provides for alternative purchasing options to include Tax-Free Municipal Leasing Programs. Our Governmental Sales Team has years of experience with many procurement agencies and purchasing departments. We are here to provide assistance to eliminate procurement headaches and justify your return on your community’s investment.
Absolutely! Training is a significant part of our Bergkamp culture. When we come to the customer’s site, we take the time necessary to ensure everyone involved is knowledgeable and proficient with their new equipment.
We focus on three principal areas:
1. Operations – Making sure the operators are competent with the functionality of the unit.
2. Fleet Maintenance – Making sure Fleet has the tools and know-how to internally conduct troubleshooting, and necessary repairs.
3. Integrating Management with our InPave® Technology – Making sure key individuals are familiar with the system; how to pull data, and run customized reports. InPave is a proprietary, cloud-based tool that allows your municipality to have a complete understanding of your entire pothole patching process. To include: Tracking Cost and Performance of Crews and Materials; Material usage per (whatever classification you want – per repair, per day/month, per…); Locations Services for your Unit(s), and for each Repair. All of this information is available in real-time, or as a historical view.
Yes. Bergkamp offers a program called B-F.I.T.
B-FIT stands for: Bergkamp Follow Up, Inspection, and Training. The B-FIT program provides for a factory representative to come to our customer’s site, and complete a 66 point inspection of the equipment. The goal is to maintain all factory specs and optimize the equipment’s efficiency and up-time.
Training is also provided for new personnel, as well as, a refresher for longer term employees – whether in operations or on the maintenance team. We also take this time to go over any reporting information captured by InPave, since the previous visit.
Bergkamp Customer Care, which is our Service & Support Department also hosts Patcher Schools to train your crew. For more information on registering for the Patcher School, visit the Service & Support Page or contact your sales representative for more information.