FP5 Flameless All-In-One Pothole Patcher
Safer Equipment - Better Support. Bergkamp's FP5 - The Safe Bet.
Safer than propane. The FP5 is heated electrically.
Other Key Information
Potholes repaired using the FP5 have an increased life over the traditional “throw and roll” method of repair. Using the FP5, the damaged area is broken up and squared off with the pavement breaker (included). The broken material is tossed in one of two onboard spoils bins located away from traffic. The air and tack wand blow out any remaining debris and apply a tack coat. Tack coating helps bind the new asphalt to the existing pavement and seals out moisture for a better patch. The movable material chute delivers the hot or cold mix asphalt to the prepared area and the compactor then consolidates the material evenly with the existing pavement.
The electric-heating system eliminates the hazards, added costs and maintenance of propane or hot oil systems common with other patchers.
Key Differences between a Bergkamp Electrically Heated and the Propane Heated Patchers
- Live PTO configuration is a proven electric-heating system which allows for safe and even non-stop heating day and night.
- PTO system is designed to remain engaged all day at ALL engine or travel speeds to maintain hydraulic power for electric heating.
- Hopper heating is maintained at a specific temp by dual 240v triple-element coils powered by a hydraulically driven generator.
- Electric coil heating eliminates propane burner flameouts, hotspots, and the need for an additional fuel source for heating.
The truck-mounted unit receives power from the truck’s engine through the live PTO and can run regardless of the truck’s RPMs or speed. A wet PTO comes standard on trucks with automatic transmissions; extending the life of the PTO and hydraulic pump. It also eliminates the need to remove the hydraulic pump to regularly grease the PTO.
Rest assured with our B-FIT Service Program.
B-FIT is Bergkamp’s Follow-up, Inspection, and Training program that offers an annual on-site visit from one of our factory-trained technicians to inspect your equipment and provide additional crew training. Additional visits are available for purchase.
- InPave® Telematics Technology
- Asphalt Delivery – Standard chute locks at different height angles and in side to side increments
- Auger System – A Secondary Auger Motor is included for stiffer asphalt mixes
- Auger and Agitator – Will not engage when hopper doors are open for your safety
- Operator Controls – Located at rear of unit; away from traffic
- Electrical Heating System – Onboard hydraulically driven electric generator power source
- Plug in Heating System – Unit plugs in during off hours to help reduce material waste
- Asphalt Emulsion System – Three-in-one Self Cleaning Air and Tack Wand and Heated Tack Tank
- Spoils Bins – Safely located at rear and curb side of unit
- Oversized Service Platform – Safe access to storage tanks and asphalt hopper
- Hydraulic Lift Platform – Carries compactor and pavement breaker to make it easier for operators
- Hand Torch – Dry and prep repair site as needed
- Storage Bin – Oversized and Lockable
- Cleaning Spray Wand – To keep your equipment clean
Customer Reviews & Ratings
We've had this truck for quite some time, its leaps and bounds above our last truck which was propane heated. I really like the compressed air tac system which uses no pump......genius!
Great truck, very easy to use.
I have used my pothole truck for years with out any problems. I just love that truck. It does everything we need for street repairs.
This is a great asset for the City of Seguin. We use this machine to patch potholes and most utility repairs. We have had this in the field for 8 years and it makes our patching effort last. We will definitely purchase another FP5 in the near future.
Definitely a necessity for pothole and patch paving Awesome design with the accessories
This machine is very outstanding! Low maintenance cost and I would recommend it to others for purchase.
Great truck easy to use with easy cleanup
Excellent products and training.
Loved the FP5 Patcher class in Florida. I learned a lot more and about options I didn't know were available.
The FP5 Patcher training class was a great experience. Our city just purchased one and the amount of information given during the class was a great start to keep a great maintenance on the machine.
Safe and reliable machine. The attentive caring staff takes pride in their craftsmanship and building solid working relationships.
Awesome Company and staff!
I really like the simplicity of the machines and the ease of working on them.
Great machine that our guys love because it makes their job easier. They have doubled their output.
We are very pleased with our FP5's performance. It works great.
We currently own 4 units and have great success with our pothole repair program.
The residents are happy because the smaller potholes aren't turning into larger ones anymore. Before we consistently repatched potholes and at times had trouble providing an acceptable road surface. Now, we can address the potholes when they are just an annoyance before they turn into a dangerous condition. The look is right up to grade and the patch molds firmly to the road, so we don't have to worry about our snow plowing equipment tearing them up.
- Single-drum roller compactor
- Patented Swing Auger system helps reach a broader area and reduces truck movements
- Pivot Tack System eliminates tripping hazard by keeping hoses off the ground
- 360 Degree, 4 Camera and Microphone System adds safety to the crew and driver
- Arrow board and lighting upgrades available
- Sand Spreader to treat icy roads
- Various sizes of pavement breaker hammers and attachments
- Custom configurations available